puertorrican vegan ground "meat" stewed
This is a quick and versatile recipe. It can be used to accompany rice, pasta, bread, tortillas, salad or what ever you can imagine. You certainly don't need to be vegan to enjoy it. It is a great meat substitute . Also low in carbs and just as much protein as regular meat , but with the benefit of fiber. I hope you can enjoy this recipe and make it for loved ones ;)
KOSHER STYLE | VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE | LOW CARB
1 CUP BOILING WATER
1 CUP TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN
1/4 CUP SOFRITO
3 TBSP. ADOBO
1/4 CUP SPANISH STYLE TOMATO SAUCE
1/2 SQ. VEGETABLE BOUILLON CUBE
2 TBSP. CHOPPED CILANTRO OR RECAO
1 TBSP. GARLIC POWDER
1 TSP. PINK HIMALAYAN SALT
1/8 TSP. BLACK PEPPER
6 PIECES PIMENTO STUFFED OLIVES
1. CUT AND PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS .
2. IN A BOWL , PLACE THE DRIED PROTEIN .
3. THEN ADD THE ADOBO, CHOPPED CILANTRO, GARLIC POWDER, SALT AND PEPPER. MIX UNTIL COMBINED.
4. TO THE HOT WATER ADD THE VEGETABLE BOUILLON AND MIX UNTIL IT IS DISOLVED .
5. POUR THE HOT WATER ON THE PROTEIN AND MIX.
6. COVER WITH PLASTIC WRAP AND LET SIT FOR 15 - 3O MIN OR UNTIL ALL THE LIQUID IS ABSORBED . THEN FLUFF WITH A FORK .
7. IN A MEDIUM HEAT PAN, ADD THE SOFRITO AND TOMATO SAUCE. STIR FRY FOR 2 MIN.
8. ADD THE PROTEIN AND MIX UNTIL IT IS WELL COMBINED.
9. TO FINISH , ADD THE OLIVES AND ENJOY ;)