Taro Root is by far my favorite root vegetable. It can be haved in savory or sweet recipes. This is a great easy dish for the holiday season. It can be served as an appetizer or side dish. Something familiar to puertorrican culture, yet a bit different, because it's made with taro instead of plantain. If you're outside Puerto Rico, Latin America,Asia Pacific, West Africa or Hawaii this root vegetable can be found in Asian grocery stores or markets. I hope you enjoy with your loved ones.
KOSHER STYLE | VEGETARIAN
1 1/2 CUPS COARSLE GRATED TARO
1 1/2 CUPS FINE GRATED TARO
1/2 TSP. HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
1/4 TSP. FRESLY GROUN PEPPER
1 1/2 CUPS OIL FOR FRYING
FOR THE SAUCE:
4 OZ. SOUR CREAM
2 TBSP. LEMON JUICE
1 TBSP. CHOPPED CULANTRO
PINCH SALT AND PEPPER
1. CUT AND PREPARE ALL THE INGREDIENTS
2. IN A BOWL PLACE THE ADOBO,EGG, SALT & PEPPER AND MIX UNTIL WELL COMBINED.
3. ADD BOTH OF THE SHREDDED TARO AND MIX WELL UNTIL COMBINED.
4. PRE- HEAT A PAN AT MEDIUM HEAT WITH THE OIL UNTIL IT'S READY FOR FRYING.
5. ADD ONE TABLESPOON OF THE MIXTURE , WATCHING NOT TO OVERCROWD THE PAN AND LOWER THE OIL TEMPERATURE.
6. TURN ONCE THEY ARE GOLDEN BROWN . THEN PLACE IN PAPER TOWELS TO ABSORB EXCESS OIL . REPEAT IN BATCHES UNTIL YOU ARE DONE WITH THE MIXTURE.
7. FORE THE SAUCE: MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER .
8. ENJOY ;)