This is a very versatile sauce. It's not only for pasta, but for pizzas , a base for shakshouka , for meats, fish, chicken , stuffed tomatoes etc. . If you don't want to make as much as what the recipe calls for , just make half or even a quarter of it. In my humble opinion doing it like this is more cost effective and better tasting that what you can find already made at the grocery store. I hope you can enjoy this recipe with loved ones ;)
56 - 1/4 cup servings
vegan | kosher style
6 ILS. CRUSHED TOMATOES
4 CUPS DICED PORTOBELLO
1 CUP SHREDDED CARROT
1 CUP DICED ONION
3 TSPS. HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
2 TSPS. BAKING SODA
1 TBSP. GRATED GARLIC
2 TBSPS. PIZZA SEASONING
(BRAND -FRONTIER CO-OP)
3 TBSPS. GRAPE SEED OIL
1. CUT AND PREPARE ALL INGREDIENTS .
2. IN A MEDIUM HEAT COOKING POT , ADD THEI OIL .
3. ADD THE ONIONS AND SAUTE FOR TWO MINUTES.
4. ADD MUSHROOMS AND SAUTE FOR TWO MINUTES.
5. THEN ADD THE CARROTS AND SAUTE FOR TWO MINUTES.
6. AFTER EVERYTHING IS COMBINED , ADD THE SALT,BAKING SODA AND GARLIC . STIR UNTIL WELL COMBINED.
7. ADD THE CRUSHED TOMATOES, THEN HERBS AND SPICES. TURN DOWN THE HEAT TO SIMMER AND LET IT COOK FOR 2-4 HOURS, SO THAT THE FLAVORS CAN BE DEVELOPED.
8. DEPENDING ON YOUR TASTE, AT THIS POINT YOU CAN LEAVE THE SAUCE AS IT IS (CHUNKY) O YOU CAN PUREE IT IF YOU PREFER A SMOOTHER TEXTURE.
9. THIS RECIPE WILL YIELD SEVEN 16 OZ CONTAINERS OF SAUCE THAT YOU CAN FREEZE AND USE WHEN NEEDED.