This is a very traditional version of guac , just not a spicy version . You can make it in ten minutes or less. It's great as a snack , appetizer , breakfast as a Mexican breakfast pizza, with chips, veggies, in salads etc. I hope you can enjoy this recipe with loved ones specially now that the 5 de mayo celebration approaches ;).
vegan | kosher style | gluten free
2 HASS AVOCADO
1/2 CUP FINELY CHOPPED TOMATOES
1/4 CUP FINELY CHOPPED RED ONION
3 TBLSP. CHOPPED CILANTRO
4 TBLSP. FRESHLY SQUEEZED LIME JUICE
PINK HIMALAYAN SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
FINELY CHOPPED JALAPENO OR SERRANO PEPPER TO TASTE
1. CUT AND PREPARE ALL INGREDIENTS .
2. IN A BOWL , MASH THE AVOCADO WITH A POTATO MASHER , FORK OR FOOD PROCESSOR. DEPENDING ON YOUR DESIRED TEXTURE.
3. ADD THE LIME JUICE FIRST, TO PREVENT OXIDATION.
4. ADD THE SALT AND PEPPER TO YOUR TASTE.
5. ADD THE TOMATOES, ONIONS AND CILANTRO; THEN MIX UNTIL ALL IS WELL COMBINED.