This recipe was a request form our family friend Wanda. It is a great alternative for people with dietary restrictions, such as allergies to gluten, diabetes or cancer . In which sugar amounts have to be restricted or diet beliefs like veganism. This recipe usually calls for molasses, but here i am substituting it for coconut nectar which has great nutritional benefits like : magnesium, chloride, B vitamins, inositol and glutamine. Is low in the glycemic index. If you want to make them lower in carbs substitute the rice flour for coconut flour. They are on the chewier side. As always i hope you enjoy my version of recipes with your loved ones .
MAKES 24 COOKIES
KOSHER | VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE
1 CUP ALMOND FLOUR
1 CUP RICE FLOUR
1/2 CUP VEGAN BUTTER (SOFTENED)
1/4 CUP ERYTHRITOL
1/4 CUP GOLDEN MONK FRUIT SUGAR
1/2 TSP. BAKING SODA
1/4 TSP. GREY SALT
1 TSP. CINNAMON
1 TSP. GROUNG GINGER
1/2 TSP. NUTMEG
1/2 TSP. CARDAMON
1/4 CUP COCONUT NECTAR
1 TSP. VANILLA EXTRACT
FOR DUSTING THE COOKIES :
2 TBLSPS. ORGANIC UNSWEETENED
2 TBLSPS. ERYTHRITOL
1. PREPARE ALL THE INGREDIENTS.
2. IN A BOWL ADD THE ALMOND FLOUR , RICE FLOUR , BAKING SODA, SALT AND THE SPICES. MIX UNTIL WELL COMBINED .
3. IN A SEPARATE BOWL , ADD THE "BUTTER", "SUGARS" AND VANILLA. MIX UNTIL WELL COMBINED .
4. TO THE "BUTTER " MIXTURE ADD THE COCONUT NECTAR AND MIX WELL .
5. THEN ADD HALF OF THE FLOUR MIXTURE TO THE "BUTTER"MIXTURE INCORPORATE WELL UNTIL COMBINED, THEN ADD THE REMAINING HALF AND INCORPORATE AGAIN .
6. SCOOP A TABLESPOON SIZED PORTION AND ROLL INTO A BALL . ARRANGE ON A LINED BAKING SHEET WITH PARCHMENT PAPER , LEAVING TWO INCHES IN BETWEEN EACH BALL .
7. PRE- HEAT THE OVEN AT 375 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT .
8. WITH THE BOTTOM OF A GLASS SLIGHTLY FLATTEN EACH BALL.
9. BAKE FOR 10-15 MIN. DEPENDING ON YOUR OVEN .
10. AFTER TAKING OUT OF THE OVEN, WAIT A COUPLE OF MINUTES , BEFORE TRANSFERRING TO A COOLING RACK.
11. IF YOU WANT TO DUTS THE COOKIES:
IN A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR ADD THE COCONUT FLAKES AND ERYTHRITOL . THEN MIX ON HIGH FOR A MINUTE.ADD THE MIX TO A COLANDER AND SPRINKLE OVER THE COOKIES .
12. ENJOY WITH A NICE GLASS OF MILK OF CHOICE ;)