cancer fighting superfoods smoothie
This is a smoothie I developed for my mom who was diagnosed with stage IV ovarian cancer on December 2015, in order to get her immune system stronger and to prevent her from loosing any more weight during the chemotherapy process . At the time of diagnosis she had been hospitalized for a month and ended up weighing only 79 lbs. and wasn't expected to survive longer than two months. She has made it against all odds to this day August 2108 and this smoothie has been key in her treatment process . It provides her with strength and energy to endure the treatments. This is the first of many recipes that will be posted in the healing segment that has helped her heal during the chemo process. I truly hope this can be of help to other people going through the same process.
1/8 CUP BLUEBERRIES
1/8 CUP BLACKBERRIES
1/8 CUP RASPBERRIES
1/8 CUP CUCUMBER
1/4 CUP BROCCOLI
1/2 CUP SPINACH
1/8 CUP AVOCADO
10 ONZ. COCONUT MILK UNSWEETENED
1 TBLSP. HEMP SEEDS
1 TBLSP. CHIA SEEDS
1 TBLSP. BEETROOT POWDER
12 BITTER APRICOT KERNELS
1 SCOOP PLANT BASED PROTEIN POWDERED
* NOTE: AS WITH EVERY FOOD WE CONSUME IN LIFE, IT'S BEST THAT THE INGREDIENTS WERE ORGANIC AS MUCH AS IT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU AND ACCORDING TO BUDGET.
1. ARRANGE ALL INGREDIENTS IN THE BLENDER OF YOUR CHOICE .
2. SMALLER INGREDIENTS SHOULD GO IN FIRTS (SEE PIC FOR EXAMPLE)
3. THEN ADD THE MILK
4. LASTLY ALL THE POWDERED ITEMS.
5. IS BEST IF YOU LEAVE ALL FRUITS PREPARED IN THE FREEZER AND THE VEGGIES COLD, THAT WAY THERE'S NO NEED T ADD ICE THAT CAN WATER DOWN YOUR SMOOTHIE.
6. IT SHOULD BE CONSUMED IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE THE LONGER IT SITS THE THICKER IT CAN GET .
7. ENJOY ;) . REMEMBER YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT AND WE ALL WANT TO BE HEALTHIER.
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR, JUST A CHEF . THIS IS BASED SOLELY ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE TAKING CARE OF MY MOM WHO IS A CANCER PATIENT AND IF THIS CAN HELP ONLY ONE PERSON I THINK IS WORTH IT .