This is a very easy all - purpose rolls. There's no kneading involved, just mixing the ingredients and waiting. The beauty of this is that you don't need to make it all at once and it lasts up to a week in the fridge in an air tight container. The not so good part is that after baking it can not last for long at room temperature, because it will harden. I haven't had problems so far, because every time I make them they disappear in less than 20 min jijijiji........ Needless to say is a great idea for thanksgiving, but great at any time of the day or year ;)
MAKES 6-12 ROLLS
VEGAN / KOSHER STYLE
3 3/4 CUPS BREAD FLOUR
2 TBLSPS. INSTANT ACTIVE
1 TSP. SALT
2 CUPS WATER
*ALL PURPOSE FLOUR FOR SHAPING *
1. PREPARE ALL INGREDIENTS
2. IN A BIG CONTAINER MIX THE SALT, YEAST AND WATER.
3. ADD THE FLOUR AND MIX UNTIL WELL COMBINED.
4. SET ASIDE AT ROOM TEMP. AND LET RISE FOR TWO HOURS .
5. AFTER THIS TIME THE DOUGH WILL BE ALMOST DOUBLED IN SIZE . SPRINKLE FLOUR IN A TRAY WITH PARCHMENT PAPER AND ALDO ON TOP OF THE DOUGH.
6. NOW TAKE A FIST FULL OF DOUGH OF THE SIZE YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR BREAD . GENTLY FOLD IT ONTO ITSELF, THEN PLACE ON THE TRAY .
7. AFTER MAKING THE AMOUNT OF ROLLS DESIRED, SPRINKLE AGAIN WITH FLOUR.
8. WITH A SHARP KNIFE OR BLADE, MAKE TWO INCISIONS ACROSS THE ROLL
9. PRE-HEAT OVEN AT 425 DEGREES F. WHEN THE OVEN IS READY BELOW THE TRAY IN THE LOWEST RACK, PLACE AN OVEN SAFE BOWL OR PAN FULL OF WATER. THIS WILL MAKE A CRUNCHY CRUST FOR THE BREAD .
10. BAKE FOR 35-40 MIN DEPENDING ON YOUR OVEN . IF YOUR OVEN DOESN'T HAVE A CONVECTION FUNCTION , TURN THE ROLLS HALF-WAY THROUGH THE COOKING TIME.
11. ENJOY ;)
NOTE: IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE THIS EASY ROLLS ARE FOR IMMEDIATE CONSUMPTION, BECAUSE THEY WILL HARDEN IN A COUPLE OF HOURS.