This sandwich has been made very popular in Korea by Idols participating in the SBS Inkigayo location and the singing program . If you are a lover of sweet and salty or savory combinations, this sandwich will be your "jam" . I am aware that is not a common sandwich hehe....but it's really interesting. This is my version of it. The original does include surimi , but keeping it kosher i omitted that ingredient. I have seen many versions with potato in the egg part , but according to the youtube channel of 100 Percent the original doesn't have potato. I also used vegan mayo. This can very easily be turned vegan by substituting the egg for tofu and instead of regular salt , black salt instead. Don't trow away the crusts. usually the chefs meal (lol), but you can enjoy them while the sandwiches set on the fridge or even worse, when cleaning up... hahahaha
VEGETARIAN / SERVES 3
16 SLICES POTATO BREAD
1 1/4 CUP CHOPPED CABBAGE
4 EGGS HARD BOILED
1/4 OF AN ONION
4 TBLSP. OF MAYO (SEPARATED 2-2)
1 1/4 TSP. ERYTHRITOL (can substitute for regular sugar)
1 1/2 TBLSPS. STRAWBERRY JAM
1/2 TSP. MUSTARD
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
* NOTE: AS WITH EVERY FOOD WE CONSUME IN LIFE, IT'S BEST THAT THE INGREDIENTS WERE ORGANIC AS MUCH AS IT IS AVAILABLE TO YOU AND ACCORDING TO BUDGET.
1. CUT AND PREPARE ALL INGREDIENTS.
2. GRATE EGGS WITH A BOX GRATER (FOR FAST RESULTS)IF NOT YOU ARE WELCOME TO TAKE YOUR TIME CHOPPING IT :).
3. IN A BOWL MIX 2 TBLSPS. OF THE MAYO WITH THE MUSTARD. ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE, THEN MIX IN THE GRATED EGG. SET ASIDE.
4. WITH THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BOX GRATER GRATE THE ONION UNTIL YOU HAVE A TEASPOON OF GRATED ONION .
5. IN ANOTHER BOWL MIX THE OTHE TWO TABLESPOONS OF MAYO WITH THE ERYTHRITOL , THE GRATED ONION . ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE THEN MIX IN THE CABBAGE .
6. NOW YOUR'E READY TO START ASSEMBLING THE SANDWICH.
7. TAKE TWO SLICES OF THE BREAD . IN ONE SPREAD THE CABBAGE MIXTURE AND THE OTHER SLICE WITH THE EGG MIXTURE .
8. NOW TOP EACH MIXTURE WITH ANOTHER SLICE OF BREAD . MAKING TWO SANDWICHES . THEN TO THE TOP OF ONE OF THE SANDWICHES , SPREAD THE STRAWBERRY JAM (ABOUT 1/2 A TBLSP.)
9.THEN PUT THE REMAINING SANDWICH ON TOP. WHICH WILL MAKE THE FOUR LAYER SANDWICH .
10. CUT ALL FOUR ENDS OR CRUSTS FROM THE SANDWICH VERY GENTLY SO THAT THE FILLING DOESN'T COME OUT FROM THE SIDES.
11. USE CLING FILLM PAPAER TO WRAP THE SANDWICH. PUET IN THE FRIDGE TO SETTLE FOR AT LEAST 15 MIN., SO THAT IS EASIER TO CUT.
12 . LEAVING THE CLING PAPER ON CUT THE SANDWICH . YOU CAN RE-WRAP IT AGAIN FOR A CLEANER LOOK, LIKE THE ORIGINAL SANDWICH. ENJOY;)